2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    There is a lot of stupid in this thread.
    I have often thought what this conversation would be like if we all sitting around a table.

I have also wondered what the conversation would be like if we weren't on the same side.

​​​​​​​I have also thought it's not near as amusing without Cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Trust me, I’m not a believer that Marshall was infallible,but to me the BIG question about him would have been how good his NEXT team would have been how the implosion not taken place … If all had stayed I could see sweet 16 EASY … but they didn’t so…..
      I've been on the #DefendIB club but I agree with this. BOBB has some good points, though. I just disagree with the last sentence.

Another big issue that no one ever seems to bring up when it comes to this silly 3G vs. IB argument is transfers. We had like 60% of the team bolt the second the year was over. That was months before Boobman article and when Marshall went and got himself axed - or whatever you want to call it.

That was a big issue then, and would have continued to be a very large issue moving forward. Marshall's style was not working with who he was recruiting. And I have a thought that it might have continued down that path if he were still here. But I guess we will never know.

Comment

• Marshall may have been evolving into his own worst enemy, but I’m a believer that he could take inexperience with some talent and mold them into a successful team (obviously not a Sweet 16 team but an NIT F4 caliber type of team by the end of the year. The 2019 team was a prime example of that ability. That team should have gone nowhere but by the end of the year, they could play with most teams.

Think about it. A PG who couldn’t shoot, a Center who had raw, improving talent but wasn’t there yet. Our best player was McDuffie.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          I have often thought what this conversation would be like if we all sitting around a table.

I have also wondered what the conversation would be like if we weren't on the same side.

I have also thought it's not near as amusing without Cold.
          If we were all around a table, the point would have been made, and none of this stupid should have been brought up because Fever woulda sent CBB back to the kids table.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Marshall may have been evolving into his own worst enemy, but I’m a believer that he could take inexperience with some talent and mold them into a successful team (obviously not a Sweet 16 team but an NIT F4 caliber type of team by the end of the year. The 2019 team was a prime example of that ability. That team should have gone nowhere but by the end of the year, they could play with most teams.

Think about it. A PG who couldn’t shoot, a Center who had raw, improving talent but wasn’t there yet. Our best player was McDuffie.
            McDuffie...never came close to his ceiling I believe. Some of that is on McDuffie. Some of it has to be on the staff.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I've been on the #DefendIB club but I agree with this. BOBB has some good points, though. I just disagree with the last sentence.

Another big issue that no one ever seems to bring up when it comes to this silly 3G vs. IB argument is transfers. We had like 60% of the team bolt the second the year was over. That was months before Boobman article and when Marshall went and got himself axed - or whatever you want to call it.

That was a big issue then, and would have continued to be a very large issue moving forward. Marshall's style was not working with who he was recruiting. And I have a thought that it might have continued down that path if he were still here. But I guess we will never know.
              Transfers would have only gotten worse .. We had that many transfers when players had to get an exception to not sit out a year ... can only imagine what it would be if they were guaranteed to play the next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Transfers would have only gotten worse .. We had that many transfers when players had to get an exception to not sit out a year ... can only imagine what it would be if they were guaranteed to play the next year.
                Yep. People ignoring that part of 3G and what was likely coming around that corner are kidding themselves.

Marshall was great, had an unreal run, and I love him. What happened doesn't diminish anything for me. But big monsters were under the bed ready to come out,and they were mostly of his own doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Just for clarification, what is the typo there?

Did you mean 89-90 or 08-09?
                  Sorry. 08-09.

Comment

• Random thoughts after reading this thread:

McDuffie would be the best all around player on this team.

We all want a higher basketball IQ from the team; unfortunately, the best way to teach basketball IQ is by sitting players. That only works if the back-ups have high basketball IQ. For now coach starts DD, CP, and JP who have been poor scorers because the guys with scoring ability haven’t proven they will play with high BB IQ.

Somewhere there is an illustrative Venn diagram of people who think “IB is a players coach and that is bad” / “Ricky should play more” / “GGG would have fixed this team.” IMO Ricky would not be near the court for GGG. Also, IB would start Ricky if he was truly letting “dawgs be dawgs.” My take: IB is trying to split the difference in the hope we can get to Ricky’s upside.

Saturday’s second half was as bad as it gets. With that stated it took an odd sequence of events to derail what was looking like a great performance with 18 minutes to play (injury, we didn’t stop the play when we had a chance, the three pointer, and just a flurry of silly fouls).

We have to finds ways to move the defense. I don’t care if that is passing, dribble hand-offs, etc. I assume our coaching staff can collectively see the problem. Hopefully Saturday was the rock bottom wake-up call the players needed.

Comment

• There’s a reason you yank players after a mistake. Yes, the yelling is over the top, but they need in-game instructions when it happens, not wait till the next day on film. The players felt like they were nervous about getting yanked all the time and maybe 3G was too quick with the trigger but IB doesn’t even have a trigger, which is equally bad, if not worse.

Comment

• Well, it took almost the whole year, but I think we’ve finally found the worst posts of 2021.

All in one thread too. Impressive.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Good thing we now have a players coach then...

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            I would not want to be a college coach in today’s environment, regardless of pay.
                            I could do it for as long as they’d let me and then take the buy out. Now being an assistant coach for 15 years waiting for the opportunity? No thanks!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• I'd be happy to take 7 figures and then get a buyout before the contract is up. Plus, a lot of other things are provided and/or paid for as part of the contract which would limit my need to spend as much of that contract as one would otherwise do and then I have a few million dollars saved up and can figure it out from there.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                I'd be happy to take 7 figures and then get a buyout before the contract is up. Plus, a lot of other things are provided and/or paid for as part of the contract which would limit my need to spend as much of that contract as one would otherwise do and then I have a few million dollars saved up and can figure it out from there.
                                Fine if that is your goal. If you want to succeed at your job in today’s environment at a school that doesn’t cheat, tell me how you do that and how your pride, health and mental state wouldn’t suffer in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X